Shaare Tefila Congregation…,
What a Chavaya (Experience)!
At Chavaya Our Goals Are:
* To inspire a passion for learning about and participating in Jewish life through experiential, hands-on, inquiry-based learning.
* To form positive Jewish memories with other Jewish students and their families.
* To strive for spiritually as students and families in order to renew our connection with the greater Jewish community.
* To gain a solid foundation of Jewish Holiday, Shabbat and Life Cycle traditions.
* To incorporate Jewish values, as well as practices with an eye towards modern sensitivities.
* To foster a connection to the people of Israel and the land of Israel.
* To actively engage in Learning Torah, social action, and tzedekah .
* To teach children the tools they need to build for themselves a Jewish identity and solid knowledge base from which to lead actively Jewish lives and to be the next generation of Jewish leaders.
Chavaya – our new experiential-based curriculum school – is accepting applications now.
We are excited to offer this new, experiential youth education opportunity at Shaare Tefila.
For more information contact Aviva Janus at 301-593-3410 x106 or email Aviva Janus!