Chavaya Religious School 2020-21 – Looking for an engaging, liberal Jewish education program for your child? Come to our Next Open House on May 3rd!! We offer free tuition for grades K-2 and have a unique two-day-a-week program for grades 3-7 which combines in person and online learning, plus teen education on Sunday mornings. If you would like to learn more please contact Babette Cohn, Director of Education & Programming.
The Mission of the Chavaya Religious School at Shaare Tefila is to provide the children of Shaare Tefila with:
- A familiarity and knowledge of Jewish traditions,
- Love and respect for Torah,
- Connection to the people of and the land of Israel,
- An understanding of Jewish history, and
- Fostering a sense of responsibility to our world through Derech Eretz (ethical decency) and Tikkun Olam.
Keeping in mind the following core values our students learn that they are part of the sacred community that is Shaare Tefila Congregation:
- KEHILAH KEDOSHAH – We are a “holy community”
- SHALOM BAYIT – “Peace in the house”
- KAVOD – “Respect” or “Honor”
- CHESED – “Kindness” or “Loving kindness”
Grades K-2: Sundays 9:30-12:00
Grades 3-7: Sundays 9:30-12:00, plus 30 minutes of Hebrew tutoring online each week.
Teens: Sundays, 9:30-12:00, twice a month for classroom topics and field trips.
For more information or questions, contact Director of Education & Programming Babette Cohn or by phone at 301-593-3410 ext 106.