Shaare Tefila is an egalitarian congregation, affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism and The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, which encourages member participation in a variety of activities and where individuals of diverse backgrounds and levels of observance are accepted and valued. We build on our heritage by strengthening our connections to Jewish life through worship, education, and community. Check out these upcoming events at Shaare Tefila…
- Shabbat Dinner, Thanks-giving – Friday March 7th
- Meghilla Reading, Saturday March 15th 8:30 p.m.
- Meghilla Reading, Sunday March 16th 9:15 a.m. 10:30 a.m.
- Purim Shpiel , Sunday March 16th 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Purim Carnival, Sunday March 16th 12:15 – 2:00 p.m.
Games for all ages! Eat a yummy lunch!
Buy tasty hamentaschen!
Try winning a 50/50 raffle!
We’ll have fun for the whole family:
• Supreme Prizes
• Treasure Hunt
• Mask Decorating
• Face Painting
• Lollipop Tree
• Queen Esther’s Nail Salon
Show your Purim Spirit – come in COSTUME!
Parent and Older Student Volunteers Still Needed
- Career Night: Essential Skills – Wednesday March 19th 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.- Event Info
- Junior Congregation – Saturday March 22nd
- Healing Through Havdalah – Saturday March 22nd 7:30 p.m.
- Shabbat Dinner and Special Speaker, Holocaust Survivor Cookbook – Friday April 4th 6:00 p.m.
- Stay tuned for the spring schedule of Taste of Shabbat in Song, Taste of Shabbat in Study, Shabbat Alive! instrumental service services
- Shabbat Alive – Friday 28th 6:00 p.m. nosh 6:30 service
Recipes/stories for dinner and dessert will come from a combination of those found in the Holocaust Survivor Cookbook and from survivors, and survivor families