Shaare Tefila is an egalitarian congregation, affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism and The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, which encourages member participation in a variety of activities and where individuals of diverse backgrounds and levels of observance are accepted and valued. We build on our heritage by strengthening our connections to Jewish life through worship, education, and community. Check out these upcoming events at Shaare Tefila…
- “It’s Academic” Trivia Game Competition !! – Sunday May 31st -
(Minyan at 8:45 am, Breakfast at 9:15 am, Game at 10:00 am)
* A fun-filled stimulating battle of the brains, with two teams of scholars!
* Questions include all sorts of general knowledge and Judaica/Israel topics!
* A great chance to test your own knowledge during Audience Participation!
* Enjoy a scrumptious breakfast so good you’ll wish every week was “It’s Academic” !
Jointly hosted by— Milt Goldsamt (MC of past contests) and Susan
Goldsamt (former contestant on the TV show “Jeopardy!” )
Breakfast only $5 for Shaare Tefila members & $6 for non-members!
[No Shaare Tefila Café on May 31 due to our special program]
- Spring 2015 Speakers Series – Shabbat morning June 6 -
In honor and ahead of October’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Speaker: Marc Heyison
Men against Breast Cancer – “Caring for the Women We Love”
Click here for more information.
- Sign Language interpretation is provided on the last shabbat morning of the month.
- We Support Israel. Stand Strong For Israel. – Click here for more information.
- Shabbat Alive – 6:30pm Friday evening instrumental service: May 15 and June 5
- Click here to view our Survivor Stories from the Holocaust Survivor Cookbook Shabbat Dinner program.