Shaare Tefila is an egalitarian congregation, affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism and The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, which encourages member participation in a variety of activities and where individuals of diverse backgrounds and levels of observance are accepted and valued. We build on our heritage by strengthening our connections to Jewish life through worship, education, and community. Check out these upcoming events at Shaare Tefila…
- View the Shaare Tefila Congregation Inclement Weather and Building Closing Policy. Click here for more information
- PURIM at Shaare Tefila:
Sunday March 1 – Purim Carnival – preschool gets in at 11am, all others at 11:30am – food, games and prizes!
Wednesday March 4 – 5:45pm dinner; 6:30pm service and megillah reading featuring our Chavaya and Day School students
Thursday March 5 – 8am service and Megillah reading
- Mishloach Manot 2015, Accepting orders now through February 23rd
- Participate in the mitzvah of sending Mishloach Manot to your Shaare Tefila family!
- Last year we raised over $17,000 and hope you will choose to participate in this wonderful fundraising and good will program for our synagogue.
- For more information or any questions you might have, please email Stephanie Buckberg
- Click here to place your order or click here for more information
- Join Us for Shaare Tefila Purim Masquerade Dance, Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 8:00 pm Click here for more information
- Rescheduled – Heart, Mind, Body and Soul Wellness Series, Eight-part series begins on Tuesday Evening, January 13th, 7 pm. Click here for more information.
- Sign Language interpretation is provided on the 4th shabbat morning of the month.
- We Support Israel. Stand Strong For Israel. – Click here for more information.
- Stay tuned for the spring schedule of Taste of Shabbat in Song, Taste of Shabbat in Study, Shabbat Alive! instrumental service services
- Shabbat Alive – TBD 6:00 p.m. nosh 6:30 service
- Click here to view our Survivor Stories from the Holocaust Survivor Cookbook Shabbat Dinner program.