Shaare Tefila is an egalitarian congregation, affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism and The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, which encourages member participation in a variety of activities and where individuals of diverse backgrounds and levels of observance are accepted and valued. We build on our heritage by strengthening our connections to Jewish life through worship, education, and community. Check out these upcoming events at Shaare Tefila…
- We Support Israel. Stand Strong For Israel. – Click here for more information.
- Sisterhood Art for the Jewish Heart program- Sisterhood event on Sunday, September 21
- Rosh HaShanah starts Wednesday night, September 24.
- Tashlich at Lake Seneca- Sunday, September 28 at 9:30 a.m.
- Kol Nidre is Friday night, October 3.
- Celebrate Simchat Torah, Thursday October 16, 2014
- Beginning with a light dairy dinner at 6:00 pm – more information
Followed by Evening Service with Singing, Parading, and Dancing with our Torahs
- Stay tuned for the spring schedule of Taste of Shabbat in Song, Taste of Shabbat in Study, Shabbat Alive! instrumental service services
- Shabbat Alive – TBD 6:00 p.m. nosh 6:30 service
- Click here to view our Survivor Stories from the Holocaust Survivor Cookbook Shabbat Dinner program.