FROM OUR SHUL PRESIDENT, RABBI and EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Reopening Shaare Tefila
בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה ה’ אֱלֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם, שֶׁהֶחֱיָנוּ וְקִיְּמָנוּ וְהִגִּיעָנוּ לַזְּמַן הַזֶּה.
Praised are You, Lord our God, Sovereign of the universe, for keeping us alive, sustaining us and enabling us to reach this day!
We continue to offer in-person services at Shaare Tefila. In light of COVID-19, we want to create a safe space and do our best to limit the spread of the virus and keep our members, guests and the greater community safe.
We would like to welcome you to weekday morning minyan (Sunday, Monday and Thursday in the Grosberg-Baumgart Chapel) and to Shabbat morning services in the sanctuary. If you cannot make it in person to these services then the weekday morning service will still be available on ZOOM and the Shabbat morning service will be available on livestream only.
All other services – weekday evening and Friday evening – will continue on ZOOM. Adult education classes also will continue on ZOOM for the foreseeable future.
The following procedures for in-person attendance have been developed by the Reopening Committee based on CDC guidelines, state and local rules, and expert medical advice. The following rules will be strictly enforced:
- Fully Vaccinated: We firmly believe that Jewish tradition obligates all who are eligible, to be vaccinated. Therefore, people 12 and older must be fully vaccinated in order to attend in-person services. We expect all children 12-18 to be fully vaccinated as soon as possible. Fully vaccinated means that you must be at least two (2) weeks beyond the 2nd Pfizer or Moderna shot or at least two (2) weeks beyond the Johnson & Johnson shot. This also applies to any future vaccine that may be authorized to be administered or to any booster shots that may be mandated.
Until children 12-18 are fully vaccinated, fully vaccinated parents may still bring their children to services. Unvaccinated children under 12 years of age may attend with their vaccinated parents. They must be masked if over the age of 2, must remain with a parent/guardian while at Shaare Tefila, and may not be in any part of the building without an adult.
- Attendance: Attendance will not be limited. All people who follow the “fully vaccinated” rule outlined above will be permitted to attend. **Fill out this form to affirm that you are asymptomatic and that you are fully vaccinated.
* No one should come to any event if he/she is ill or has been exposed to COVID-19. No one subject to quarantine will be permitted to attend any Shaare Tefila event.
- Face Coverings – Updated 8/2/21: Due to the rising coronavirus numbers everyone is required to wear a mask when at Shaare Tefila, regardless of vaccination status.
- Distancing: Those fully vaccinated may sit and stand next to each other. If you come to an event with a family “pod” member who is not vaccinated, you and your family can be together, but you must remain at least 6 feet apart from all other participants.
- Food Service: The kitchen is closed and there will be no food service at Shaare Tefila other than for specified events.
- Hand Sanitizer: Please use hand sanitizer frequently, including upon entering the building.
- Maintaining A Clean Space: We ask for your help to keep our space clean. Hand sanitizer and wipes will be available at all services.
- Other Logistics: We strongly encourage people to use restrooms before coming. Anyone who uses the Shaare Tefila facilities must wipe down the facilities after use.
Please do not enter the office or other areas of the building.
Perry Sandler – President
Jonah Layman – Rabbi
Jonathan Cohen – Executive Director
CHAVAYA IS BACK IN PERSON THIS SEPTEMBER! More information regarding our experiential learning program, as well as contact information, can be found on this flyer. Be sure to share it with anyone you think would be interested!
ALL SERVICES AND CLASSES TAUGHT BY RABBI JONAH WILL BE USING THIS LINK
You can follow along with these downloads of the services from our prayer book:
Friday evening prayers
Shabbat morning prayers
Weekday Morning prayers and Torah readings
Weekday afternoon prayers
Weekday evening prayers
PURCHASE YOUR OWN PRAYER BOOKS
My rabbinic organization has generously offered our prayer books at a steep discount. The discount will appear once you add the book to your cart. Click on the links to order:
Shabbat – Siddur Lev Shalem
Weekdays – Sim Shalom
High Holidays – Machzor Lev Shalem
Chumash (Torah) – Etz Hayim
Stay safe, Rabbi Jonah Layman